couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Julian Moritz <maili...@julianmoritz.de>
Subject Re: performance issues
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 19:17:36 GMT
Hi,

Adam Kocoloski schrieb:

> On Apr 5, 2010, at 2:52 PM, Julian Moritz <mailings@julianmoritz.de> wrote:
>

> Hi Julian, it is still true that CouchDB will use only one couchjs
> process for all the map functions in a single design doc. It uses a
> second couchjs for the reduce functions, and of course separate design
> docs get their own processes as well.
>
> In my experience simple view indexing was almost always limited by the
> Erlang VM, so parallelizing was premature. If you've got a modern
> SpiderMonkey and you're still CPU limited perhaps that's no longer the
> case.  Can you remind us of the Couch and SM versions here?
>
> Adam

I'm not using any version of spider monkey. If I'd install spidermonkey
on my ubuntu laptop, I cannot use most of the programs I do need (e.g.
firefox and eclipse).

I've configured couchdb (version 0.11) like this:

--with-js-lib=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.8/lib/
--with-js-include=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1.8/include

Best Regards
Julian