couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <>
Subject Re: CouchDB Timeout
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:40:51 GMT

Views are built on-demand, when you send your first query. It can take a long
time indeed and clients can impose a time out which will indeed trigger if
it's set lower than the time needed to actually build the view.

You can either build the views on-update or not use a time out value in your

On Friday 23 April 2010 14:26:16 Cairo Noleto wrote:
> Hi, I have a database with 25000 docs, with more or less 512 MB, and I have
> a design doc with 7 views. So, my problem is that is very slow to index
>  this documents. I use to access the database the couchrest rubygem and I
>  receive RestClient::Timeout
> When I access the design docs views via futon, I need wait a 10 minutes
> before to see the docs. I believe the database is too small to have these
> problems.
> So, anybody can help me?!

Markus Jelsma - Technisch Architect - Buyways BV
050-8536620 / 06-50258350

View raw message