couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <mil...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: CouchDB brand identity and design of couchdb.apache.org
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:01:21 GMT
James Fisher schrieb am 14.04.2010 um 10:13:42 (+0100):

> > What I haven't seen so far is an overview of all the features that
> > are supported and also of those typical database features that are
> > *not* supported.
>
> Not sure what you mean.  The text is partly placeholder and far from
> finalized.  You mean you'd like something on the main page that says
> "What we Have but No-one Else Does"?

My remark wasn't in reference to the dummy text. It is unrelated to the
whole style and design question. It was just an attempt to indirectly
state that real content might matter more than style and design.

I'm just saying I haven't seen such a list, which would be useful to
more quickly decide whether it is worth your time giving CouchDB a
try or not. I think it wouldn't harm to have such a list among the
documentation item for first orientation of potential users.

--
Michael Ludwig