couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <mil...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: CouchDB brand identity and design of couchdb.apache.org
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 23:39:08 GMT
James Fisher schrieb am 13.04.2010 um 19:57:52 (+0100):

> * I got rid of the green.  To keep things dead simple I switched to
> the exact complement of the main red -- a cyan.

I strongly dislike cyan, just like magenta: these colors are aggressive
on the eye. The screechy appearance certainly reinforces the toy appeal
conveyed by the logo, which I agree is unfortunate, not so much for the
color but for the electrocuted figure flung onto that couch you'd never
buy.

> * I'm not really sure about those cushions I hacked up.  The idea
> might be alright, but the curveyness and gradients totally conflict
> with the CouchDB logo.

They do. And add more toy appeal. I am not a database.

What I haven't seen so far is an overview of all the features that are
supported and also of those typical database features that are *not*
supported.

--
Michael Ludwig