couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alan Boyce <a...@alanboyce.com>
Subject Re: Using _rev in application logic
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 13:59:38 GMT
Hi Moritz

I wouldn't use _rev, see Jan's response. I would use update handlers.
See here:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/How_to_intercept_document_updates_and_perform_additional_server-side_processing

So you could create a revision in the document on update.

{
title: "I'm a document",
body: "This couchdb stuff is cool."
revisions: [{title: "I'm a document", body:"this couchdb stuff is
cool."}],
update_note: "fixed capitalization of 'this' in body"
}

best,
alan