couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Fabio Forno <fabio.fo...@gmail.com>
Subject url rewriting & view update
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:36:34 GMT
Hi, I'm reading the nice new features of couchdb 0.11 and I'm
wondering if url rewriting can be used for making it easier to update
views in web applications. One problem we usually have is that when we
change a view all the map/reduce must be recomputed, thus making it
unaccessible from the web interface fro a while. The only way we know
for a smooth transition is to make a new view and, when recomputed, we
point the code to it. It would be much easier to be able to do the
same thing with url rewriting, but since mappings are written in the
design doc itself I fear that if we change something the view is
recalculated nevertheless. Could it work or there are ways to do the
same thing?

bye

--
Fabio Forno,