couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how do you manage re-indexation time of big datasets
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:26:10 GMT
Maybe you could setuid a little program that calls nice(), drops privs and
then exec's couchjs? Set this up as your js view server.

On Mar 23, 2010 2:22 PM, "Benoit Chesneau" <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com>
wrote:
> At Meebo, we have ...
Smart! thanks for the tip.

In my case it could be different. While you know when you update the
ddocs, i won't have the possibility to control what the user do. So a
manager with a lot of data in its database could update 10-20 times
its couchapp in a day even if I tell them it's bad. I wouldn't care
about that usually except that in this case it will impact other
users. 1 user is ok but imagine 10 or more users doing the same
things.

So i'm not sure how this stuff is manageable....

- benoit