couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing couchdb on Ubuntu
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:35:17 GMT
As of Karmic Koala, Ubuntu ships with CouchDB since it's used by UbuntuOne.
This is the couchdb-bin package that conflicts with couchdb.

I believe UbuntuOne, if configured, starts CouchDB on a random port when you
log in, but you should be able to run a system one with standard
configuration by typing

'sudo service couchdb start'.

Note this will currently be CouchDB 0.10.0 IIRC.