couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Entire CouchDB cluster crashes simultaneously
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 17:22:47 GMT
Could there be a cron job that's causing a lot of disk contention at the
same time every night?

On Mar 5, 2010 7:24 AM, "Peter Bengtson" <peter@peterbengtson.com> wrote:

Adam, that's interesting. These crashes occur every night with alarming
regularity, but the staging system on which this runs is under no load to
speak about. And there are only two DBs in the system at this point, both of
which were opened at least 12 hours earlier. I'll ask our sysadmins to
double-check the load, but I'd like to know one thing:

Why do these crashes occur system-wide? On three nodes and six servers? And
at the same time? Somehow, we didn't quite expect that CouchDB should go
quite so far as to replicate the crashes... ;-)

       / Peter

5 mar 2010 kl. 15.57 skrev Adam Kocoloski:

> From that log we can tell that CouchDB crashed completely on node0-couch2
(because of the "Apache...