couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Todd Chambery <todd.chamb...@gmail.com>
Subject client-side upload
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 00:35:52 GMT
Hi all,

I need to upload a lot of static data to a CloudDB.  Currently, I upload all
my Javascript files containing the data as attachments, then run a loader
script on the server that populates the database.

I'd like to do my "drop-create-populate" with client-side Javascript, but my
investigations (trying Java, Javascript, and curl) have led me down a number
of frustrating ends.  On the browser, it's cross-site scripting.  On
jclouddb, it's the svenson parser chokes on my (valid) JS.  With curl, I'm
missing some dependency.

Is there a "done and done" script for uploading JSON data from a client to
CloudDB?

Thanks,

Todd