couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with large inline attachments with 0.11
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:47:01 GMT
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
>> Regardless of the efficiency of term_to_binary, there's really no comparison between
the standalone attachment API streaming bytes almost directly to disk and the inline one buffering
the whole attachment in memory and inflating it by 37% to boot.  Definitely use the standalone
API if at all possible.  Best,

>> Adam
>>

> About that, it would be good to have an option to attach to a specific
> revision of a doc without incrementing it. I know that's the reason
> why couchapp use inline attachments. Some complained it increases the
> number of revisions when you send a lot of attachments.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> - benoit

Isn't there a multipart-mime PUT thing now? I don't think the "put
attachment without changing the _rev" behavior is a good idea.

Paul