couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with large inline attachments with 0.11
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:14:00 GMT
Regardless of the efficiency of term_to_binary, there's really no comparison between the standalone
attachment API streaming bytes almost directly to disk and the inline one buffering the whole
attachment in memory and inflating it by 37% to boot.  Definitely use the standalone API if
at all possible.  Best,

Adam