couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default values via _updates function
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 17:05:04 GMT

On Mar 2, 2010, at 6:44 AM, Jim Garvin wrote:

> *Chris,*
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> $ couchdb -V
> couchdb - Apache CouchDB 0.10.1
>
> Judging by the CouchDB downloads
> page<http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html>,
> I'm on the latest stable release.  I was trying to get a sense of how far
> off 0.11 is, so I referred to the road
> map<http://couchdb.apache.org/roadmap.html> which
> looks like it might be out of date, and then to the JIRA
> issues<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310780&fixfor=12313841>
> for
> 0.11, which didn't really help either.
>
> Is CouchDB a project where it would be ill-advised to run on "edge" to get
> some 0.11 features early?  I'll try just updating SpiderMonkey, as you
> suggested, first.

You could also try applying this 1 line patch:

http://github.com/apache/couchdb/commit/82ff1a2b0a15dbe181221173f3013befab68f499

If you are running from a release package and not source, you'll be editing the file

/usr/local/share/couchdb/server/main.js

(you can tell you're in the right place because it'll say "do not edit this file by hand"
at the top. Don't worry about that, it's just warning that your changes will be blown away
by future couchdb installs. (which will have the patch)

Let us know how it goes.

Chris