couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Michael McCaffrey" <mmccaff...@ittvis.com>
Subject Erlag View performance
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 16:46:24 GMT
Reposting, to try and get some traction on this. Baffled as to why the
view takes 10-20 times longer per record in couch than running in pure
erlang environment.

When each record takes almost a second, things run forever...

Any help appreciated.

Hello,

I'm using an erlang view to fold thru large deep lists and have a
performance issue.

Being a relative erlang newbie I thought it was a codingsue, however...

When I run thru a document locally (in Eclipse) I can fold thru the doc
in 47000 micro seconds.

When I fold thru the same document during the view, it takes almost a
full second (900000 micro seconds). All the documents take about this
long.

Any thoughts on why this may be happening?

Thanks