couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with large inline attachments with 0.11
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 06:18:48 GMT

On 9 Mar 2010, at 04:28, Bob Clary wrote:

> Hey all!
>
> I've been using 0.10.1 to successfully post large inline plain text attachments to couchdb.
Now that 0.11 supports automatic compression of attachments, I thought I would give it a whirl.

> I have two issues that I can't find in jira.
>
> 1. The cpu and memory usage is extreme for attachments in the 1M to 10M range. A 64bit
linux vm with dual 3Ghz cpu and 3.5G will routinely peg when updating a document.

> 2. The server fails to process larger attachments. The server pegs the cpu and ram and
ultimately refuses the connection.

> Are these known issues?
>
> Are inline attachments inappropriate here?

I'd prefer the standalone attachment API in ay case. The inline attachments are really just
a simplicity stop-gap for the replicator that now supports the standalone API as well.

Cheers
Jan