couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Yohei SASAKI <yss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: user-de@couchdb.apache.org
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 13:23:32 GMT
Hi

We, in Japan, have a google group for our local CouchDB user community(*1).
Our google group list is good enough for local communications or discussions.

But I think a central place fo langage specific documentations(wiki,
presentations, ...etc) is better because most of beginers seem to
refer apache.org at first. It will be nice the documentations are
centralized and one of contents shows pointers to the lang specific
lists.

> Maybe we should start creating the Wiki CouchApp!?

It looks good! I'd like to help. M17N CouchApp is my own task.

BTW when I (or other many Japanese) visit
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/, the site shows the default moinmoin
wiki front page(*2) , not CouchDB's front page, because of browser
language settings (and MoinMoin wiki spec).
This is confusable so I'd like to fix.

(*1) http://groups.google.co.jp/group/couchdb-jp
(*2)  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/%E3%83%95%E3%83%AD%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88%E3%83%9A%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8

--
Yohei SASAKI
http://www.yssk22.info/

2010/3/1 Daniel Truemper <truemped@googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
>
>> A clean, searchable Web frontend ( perhaps forums) would be nice, too.
> I think this is what Markmail is for [1]. And you could easily provide a Google translate
link for the messages!?

>> But language specific documentation is the very best way to help People out. Me speaking
german and i would love to help building a german documentation site, an english too ;-)
>> Made with couchdb, so Users can Download it Simple ;-) - like the One in jchris's
taskr.
> Maybe we should start creating the Wiki CouchApp!? With this we could easily provide
a central place for documentation and it could even be multilingual! And downloadable! I will
try to find some time to look into this today. The taskr app to be specific since I did not
really get into the authentication stuff so far!