couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Gilbert B Garza <gilbertbga...@gmail.com>
Subject Couch "data hosting" for government data?
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 19:31:49 GMT
Hey couch devs and fans,

I'm currently a college student doing a research project for my class and
state government. The project is about taking first steps towards government
transparency. We will be parsing some ill-formated government data and doing
some analysis on it, as well as hosting the data online.

Now, pertaining to the "data hosting": we're going to be offering basic
downloads for available data, but what I would *really *like to offer (in
addition) is read-only direct access to couchdb. In other words, it would be
great if I could simply provide a url for each database, and interested
persons could download/install couch (hopefully easily by now!), copy paste
the link, and instantly have data ready to be used and analyzed on their
local machine.

Is anonymous read-only replication possible? Is there some other way to
accomplish this goal? I used to follow couch almost two years ago, so I'm
not quite up to date on couch's cool new features and applications.

Thanks, and great work so far!
-Gilbert