couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Barnes <mrtr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deciding on the structure of documents
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 02:16:22 GMT
I would suggest that on replication if the documents conflict and have
different owners, do a kind of 'asynchronous revision error' - have the
system choose the earlier 'owner claim' by date, and send an email
stating 'sorry X, Y has already taken ownership'.

I'm not sure if that would cause further issues regarding whether to
invalidate content changes made by X, or how best to resolve that sort
of thing.