couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Germain Maurice <germain.maur...@linkfluence.net>
Subject Re: Cancelling a replication on 0.11.0
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:07:29 GMT
Thank you for your replies.

However, I would like to have some explainations on replication, here is
my question :

On hostA, i have two replication processes, the first one is continuous,
the second is one shot (a mistake).

Replication    ac88d7: blog_content ->
http://hostB:5984/database/<0.4334.0>            W Processed source
update #9219757
Replication    b590d2: blog_content ->
http://hostB:5984/blog_content/<0.27442.2>    MR Processed source update
#4426465

Can you explain what do 'W' and 'MR' before "Processed source update" mean ?
I think this answer could explain why second replication is faster than
the first .. :)

Thanks

Randall Leeds a écrit :
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 22:01, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 24 Mar 2010, at 17:20, Germain Maurice wrote:
>>

>>> Hi, still me with my 0.11.0 couchdb :)
>>>
>>> I launched continuous replication between two hosts (more than 8 millions of
documents), it takes long time and i'm ok with that.
>>> My problem is that i launched another one shot replication between the same databases
as the previous replication.

>>> So, i looked after a command to cancel the "one shot" replication (via Jira COUCHDB-664),
but it does not work, my command is :

>>> curl -X POST http://hostA:5984/_replicate -d '{"source":"database","target":"http://hostB:5984/database/","cancel":true}'
>>>
>>> Response is : {"error":"not_found"}
>>>
>> Sorry to point out the obvious, but can you double check, that the -d {}-object values
are identical to the ones in the replication you want to cancel?

>>> How to cancel the task ? I have PID number from the "Status" page on Futon, how
to use it ?

>> killing with the pid is a bit tricky and requires Erlang-fu. I've spent 15 minutes
earlier today to kill a long running view process and got stuck and then run out of time.
That said, with distributed Erlang and the rpc module, this should be doable.

--
Germain Maurice
Administrateur Système/Réseau

http://www.linkfluence.net
**linkfluence news & events**
2009 excellence award nominee from ESOMAR
2009 marketing research silver award from semo & marketing magazine (France)
2009 european excellence award recipient (PR evaluation, wahlradar.de, joint project with
Publicis Consultants)