couchdb-user mailing list archives

From 7zark7 <7za...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Attachment serving, directories
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2010 04:01:42 GMT
Let me rephrase the question:

Are there any CouchDB 0.10 mechanisms (views, show function, etc) which
allows me to serve a binary attachment that has one or more '/'
characters in the requested file id?

I do not care about the url prefix or its length. In other words, these
prefixes are all acceptable:

http://example.com:5984/some_db/{my file path here}
http://example.com:5984/some_db/_design/file/_show/{my file path here}
etc

What I do care about is that a browser can directly request a binary
file such as "/scripts/main/common.js", without our having to go into
hundreds of HTML files to rename these file references to
"%2Fscripts%2Fmain%2Fcommon.js".  Nor do I want an app server or Apache
in place simply to do a file name translation.

The specific value proposition that CouchDB offers in this case is that
it replaces:

1) Content distribution to multiple nodes in our network.
2) Replaces an app server/Apache serving static content.
3) It is highly concurrent.

Does anyone have experience doing the above or similar?

I can write a blog post if email is not conveying my question correctly.

Thanks