couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Krauss <>
Subject Replication over proxy: attachment_request_failed,premature_end
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 16:23:04 GMT
Dear list,

I have set up Apache as reverse proxy for couchdb, but I have problems
replicating. The idea of the setup is that Apache should later handle
authentication. However, even when this is all disabled, I get the
following failure when trying to replicate:

$ curl -X POST http://localhost:5984/_replicate \
  -d '{"source": "http://remote:80/db", "target": "db"}'

Here, apache runs on port 80, forwarding to couchdb. The error I get is:

[{doc,<<\"6b3f102ef5d66e7784194f3893655c09\">>,\n             {2,\n
     {[{<<\"successful\">>,true},\n               {<<\"revs\">>,\n

      {<<\"data\">>,\n                {[{<<\"timing\">>,\n
#Fun<couch_rep_att.0.90652905>}],\n             false,[]}]}}"}

Most of the error is part of a docment in the database, but the actual
document where this occurs seems to vary. I was unable to reproduce this
behaviour with a smaller database (well, this one is also just a few
MB). I already tried dumping and reloading the database contents, but
nothing changed.

My proxy configuration is as follows and, I hope, fairly standard:

ProxyRequests Off
AllowEncodedSlashes On
ProxyPass / nocanon
ProxyPassReverse /

Normal requests to couchdb and the futon interface seem to be working
fine through the proxy.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

View raw message