couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: RHEL5.1
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:32:45 GMT
Whit Armstrong wrote:

> Having to use RHEL is my own personal definition of hell.
>
> I'm sure someone will jump in and point out how stable it is, but if you try
> to do anything beyond the supported apps (and couchdb is certainly out of
> the ordinary), you will find that you are spending all your time fighting
> the os.
>
> I've found myself much happier on Debian variants.

Indeed, I love it for its stability. Yes, it's always easier if what you
need is readily packaged by your OS vendor, but all CouchDB dependencies
are available for RHEL 5 in the EPEL repository.

CouchDB itself is even packaged by EPEL these days, so you could just
run 'yum install couchdb' after enabling the EPEL repository, but
that'll get you version 0.10.0. I'll go and request an update to 0.10.1.

Nils.