couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Bob Clary <...@bclary.com>
Subject Problems with large inline attachments with 0.11
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:28:58 GMT
Hey all!

I've been using 0.10.1 to successfully post large inline plain text
attachments to couchdb. Now that 0.11 supports automatic compression of
attachments, I thought I would give it a whirl.

I have two issues that I can't find in jira.

1. The cpu and memory usage is extreme for attachments in the 1M to 10M
range. A 64bit linux vm with dual 3Ghz cpu and 3.5G will routinely peg
when updating a document.

2. The server fails to process larger attachments. The server pegs the
cpu and ram and ultimately refuses the connection.

Are these known issues?

Are inline attachments inappropriate here?

I am using  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/trunk Revision:
920758 on Centos5 64bit

Thanks,
Bob Clary