couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: perfomance?
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:40:43 GMT
There are numerous ways that attachment retrieval performance can be
improved, I'm just explaining why you're seeing the numbers you
reported.

Turning off chunking would also be a code change, one that I don't
expect will make it into the product, since it would degrade
concurrent writer behavior.

My current favorite proposed enhancement is to support external
attachments (where the attachment is written to its own, separate
file). I haven't started work on a patch for this, yet, but it should
give all the advantages of apache2/sendfile while still allowing
couchdb replication, etc.

Further discussions on improving this belong to @dev, I think.

B.