couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Relational-esque behavior in CouchDB
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 17:48:26 GMT

On Mar 1, 2010, at 9:44 AM, Mike Keen wrote:

> Chris,
>
> It's not a feature of our application. It's a consequence of dealing with the Google
AdWords API.

The relational model strikes back! ;)

> Thanks anyway,
> Mike
>
> On Mar 1, 2010, at 11:55 AM, J Chris Anderson wrote:
>

>> On Mar 1, 2010, at 7:41 AM, Mike Keen wrote:
>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> I am managing a database that has hundreds of thousands of documents (so far),
all containing a field called "keyword_id". I am not storing the "keyword_name" inside of
each individual document for several reasons. The biggest reason being that the name could
change at any time, but I don't want old documents to become outdated. I still want them to
be associated with one another.

>> I'd suggest, if possible (and I know you already have a bunch of data, so maybe not
for you, but for people coming along on new projects) to store your keywords on your docs
and drop the "feature" that keywords can be renamed at any time.