couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Roessner, Silvester" <silvester.roess...@vision.zeiss.com>
Subject AW: Why is the actual size of a database 4 times larger than the netto payload?
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:02:12 GMT
On, 24 Mar 2010, at 09:36, Jan Lehnardt [jan@apache.org] wrote

> Yeah, you'll want to run compaction to redice on-disk file size.
> See http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Compaction for details.

I stored each of the copies as a separat document with a unique ID.
My goal was to estimate how much disk space my database will consume.
So there are no old revisions to purge.

I did a compaction already since I hoped CouchDB would compact anyway.
But since there are no old revisions the database keeps at 0.9 GB.

> This message is intended for a particular addressee only and
> may contain business or company secrets. If you have received
> this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the
> message immediately. Any use of this email, including saving,
> publishing, copying, replication or forwarding of the message
> or the contents is not permitted.

Oh - this one's come frome my companies e-mail system I think

Cheers

Rosswart