couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sean Clark Hess <>
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:30:24 GMT
We have a database full of tv listing information. I want to write a view
that will let me say "What is playing on ESPN at 14:45?" One way I can
accomplish this is to emit the show multiple times, on the half hour, and
then only ask what is playing at each half-hour interval. This is no ideal,
because it makes my view bigger (and this table is already huge).

Can anyone think of a better idea? I'm willing to change how the objects are
stored if that would help.

*Event Database Objects*
{ "network": "ESPN", "date":"2010-02-28", "time":"14:30", "duration" :
"01:25" }