couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Having trouble accessing couchdb via curl
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:22:25 GMT
On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 11:06:02PM -0700, Bernardo Elayda wrote:
> I'm using couchdb v 0.10 on Ubuntu 9.10.
>
> Access to couchdb via a browser or driver(couchdbkit) is fine.  But, I
> want to be able to access it via curl.  Everytime I try to do this via
> an url which works in my browser, I
> alwasy get 'connection refused'.

I assume you're talking about the curl command-line tool, and not curl
linked as a library into some other app or language.

Tell us:
(1) the exact URL you put into your browser
(2) your exact curl command line and the response that comes back - using
    copy-paste.
(3) try it again, adding '-v' to the curl command line.

If the curl line is something like
   curl http://127.0.0.1:5984/
then try 'tcpdump -i lo -n -s0 tcp port 5984' in another window (as root)