couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: View Troubles
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 19:38:18 GMT

http://www.chambersharrap.co.uk/chambers/features/chref/chref.py/main?title=21st&query=moot

> I'm ok working around it, but I don't really see why not to add it
> if you're allowed to ask for multiple keys.

It's just something that nobody has gotten around to implementing yet. The
suggestion was something like {queries:[startkey:"foo1",endkey:"foo2"],...}

> > Do remember that views themselves can be compacted.
>
> Woah, what? What does that even mean? I thought compaction just removed old
> versions of documents. Does Couch keep around old versions of views?

As far as I know, the view Btrees are also append-only, which means that
compaction will remove wasted space.  Also, the keys may not have been
emitted in optimal order, and compaction should fix that too.

The view compaction API is documented on the wiki.

Regards,

Brian.