couchdb-user mailing list archives

From km <srikrishnamo...@gmail.com>
Subject mixing couchdb views and lucene fulltext indexing
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 03:14:47 GMT
Hi all,
Is it possible to call couchdb views in couchdb-lucene index functions and
vice  versa ?

1) I have a set of car type  documents  with JSON structure as
{"_id:"someid", "name":"car1", "type":"car", "year":2000,"price":400000,
...}
I  do a full text indexing (including all the keys) of car type documents so
that I can search by a keyword  and fetch the ids of the matching docs.

2) I have a view (map and reduce functionality) on the same docs which is
searchable by doc ids  as key.
I would like to pass the ids from full text search (1) into the  view (2)
for  results to be displayed. How can this be accomplished ?

So I was wondering if there is a better way ? or is it possible to call
couchdbviews in couchdb-lucene index functions ?

thanks in advance.
Krishna