couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrading an existing Couch's authentication
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 06:20:39 GMT
On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 9:18 PM, Aaron Quint <aaron@quirkey.com> wrote:
> Hey All
>
> Once again, props to @jchris for getting the authentication up to
> snuff. I was able to get a simple authentication system built for my
> little couchapp Swinger: http://github.com/quirkey/swinger
> Its just so awesome that I can finally have a _fully_ functioning app
> with user accounts, without a line of server side code. (!!!)
>
> So the question:
> I have couchdb on a server to host the older version of my app, and I
> wanted to push the new version with logins/etc. It _was_ running
> ~0.10, but now I've tried to upgrade it to trunk to get the auth
> goodies. I'm realizing now that theres some differences between the
> data, user data format between 0.10 and trunk. I'm wondering if theres
> an easy way to upgrade the old data, or at least just wipe that piece
> without having to completely clear and start the data from scratch?

The user account data should be entirely in the _users db. So unless
you had one of those laying around you should be good.

Maybe I'm not fully understanding your question. It looks (on github)
like you are making progress on your app. Let us know how it goes (or
if you need more help).

Cheers,
Chris

--