couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Barnes <mrtr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Futon alternatives for editing design docs?
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 23:31:19 GMT
Have you looked at / tried couchapp?
I'm using it for my development - it allows me to use proper version control
on what goes into the design docs.

-Patrick

On 02/02/2010 10:22 AM, "Phil Rand" <philrand@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I've been playing around with couchdb for a while, but am getting frustrated
with Futon for editing design documents.

I'd like to see:

  - At both the overall JSON level, and also within the double quotes at
  the view function level:
     - editor support for code layout (any reasonable scheme, as long as
     it's consistent)
     - paren, brace, bracket, and quote matching
  - easy save to couchdb as a document update, without losing my edits on
  bad JSON or javascript
  - easy save to local file system

I've been trying relax.el in Aquamacs emacs, which is very nice work, but
doesn't address the above.

Maybe separate files for the view code, and a script to put together the
JSON doc and update it to CouchDB?

What are others using?

--
Phil Rand