couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Quint <aa...@quirkey.com>
Subject Upgrading an existing Couch's authentication
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 05:18:20 GMT
Hey All

Once again, props to @jchris for getting the authentication up to
snuff. I was able to get a simple authentication system built for my
little couchapp Swinger: http://github.com/quirkey/swinger
Its just so awesome that I can finally have a _fully_ functioning app
with user accounts, without a line of server side code. (!!!)

So the question:
I have couchdb on a server to host the older version of my app, and I
wanted to push the new version with logins/etc. It _was_ running
~0.10, but now I've tried to upgrade it to trunk to get the auth
goodies. I'm realizing now that theres some differences between the
data, user data format between 0.10 and trunk. I'm wondering if theres
an easy way to upgrade the old data, or at least just wipe that piece
without having to completely clear and start the data from scratch?

--AQ

Aaron Quint
http://www.quirkey.com