couchdb-user mailing list archives

From de Saint Martin Cédric <ced...@desaintmartin.fr>
Subject Re: Complex filter with permanent view
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 17:47:46 GMT
	Hi,
What do you mean by "third party"?
I have to build a search engine (something like fieldA='value1' AND fieldB='valueB' AND ...),
and I already use CouchDB. Must I switch back to a more traditional approach with SQL?

regards,
Cédric de Saint Martin.

On 29 janv. 2010, at 19:23, Alex P wrote:

> Agreed. (almost) any time you need a string contains, you'll want lucene. Range queries
are fairly straightforward with standard views (look at startkey and endkey) but if you need
'and' conditions (or any compound queries at query-time) you have to go third party.