couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Per Ejeklint <ejekl...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap 0.11?
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 20:00:16 GMT
OK, I'll subscribe to that one as well then.

But if it's a policy to keep the roadmap among developers, it's a questionable one - IMHO.
Information from the project core about what the next release focuses on, and an approximate
schedule, is very valuable knowledge when deciding wether a new product/technology is a viable
choice. And it doesn't have to be much more that it was for 0.10 (which is still is the next
release according to the current roadmap *cough*). Just the juicy stuff and a very rough estimate
on when will suffice.

But I'll be a dev@-hang-around and see what can be picked up. Who knows, I might end up contributing
to the roadmap myself. :-)

Cheers,

/Per

"Planning is an unnatural process; it is much more fun to do something. The nicest thing about
not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a
period of worry and depression." (Sir John Harvey)  :D

8 feb 2010 kl. 20.31 skrev Jan Lehnardt:

> Hi Per,
>
> thanks for nudging again. This thread needs to happen on dev@ though :)
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --
>
> On 4 Feb 2010, at 01:04, Per Ejeklint wrote:
>
>> Fellow couchers, the official roadmap page (http://couchdb.apache.org/roadmap.html)
is a tiiiny little outdated. As I'm trying to convince my new customer to make an epic technology
leap I need as much info as possible about the near future for CouchDB. 0.11 seems to feature
rich enough for our production environment. So can anyone with insights comment on when we
will have a 0.11 release? And will official windows builds be available?