couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Windows installer 0.10.1
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:09:01 GMT

On 16 Feb 2010, at 10:22, Daniel Rosowski wrote:

> The download worked for me today without problems. I'd still like to suggest a more reliable
approach to provide an easy way to get up and running under windows. The windows installer
is not mentioned at all in the download section on the official apache site. I'm convinced
that providing some windows binaries (installer or archive, doesn't matter) in the download
section would result in a much wider acceptance in the professional sector. As much as I hate
to say it, but I'm not alone, there are many more people having to work with a windows box
at work. It is said some even just prefer windows as an OS, but I can't provide proof. IMHO,
excluding those developers (at least at the first sight, not everybody takes a look in the
wiki) is a big drawback for couchDBs popularity.

Agreed, but until there is an official installer, it will not be on the downloads page.

The only thing preventing us from having an official Windows installer is a lack of interested
developers working on it. If this is something that's important to you, we would welcome your
contributions!