couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Norman Rosner <normanros...@googlemail.com>
Subject Chaining of views/MapReduce
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 20:04:19 GMT
Hi folks,

first, I'll have to admit that I'm kinda new to JavaScript and of course to CouchDB.  Second
I just reuse the subject so I hope it also pops up if anybody searches for it.

As I read chaining of views is not possible yet but it's mentioned couple of times on the
mailing list. So here's what I want to do:

1. Create a list of unique labels/tags/whatever through all of the documents (e.g. all nouns
that are in the documents)
2. Extract all labels/tags/nouns of each document and check them again the before calculated
result in some kind of way

For the second point I created a view which works except of the checking against the result
from point 1. Now I'm trying to solve point 1.
And here my questions begin: How can I create/update a document from inside of a map function?
As I think of it, I'll have to make a HTTP GET to load the document in each iteration. I found
some HTTP stuff in the test.js in the test folder, but I'm not quite sure how to use it and
if it's the right way of thinking? Is there any way of using global variables throughout 'couchapps'
(e.g. through the lib folder and thelike)?

Any help of you CouchDB kings would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

norman