couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: two view questions: group=true, inverted indices
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:59:39 GMT
Sounds good, but I don't think you need any involvement of the committers before you start
work. When I first found out about the project, I was unprepared to use it seriously unless
it had a proper build system. So I built one and donated it. Nobody else was involved during
its development, and once it was complete and after a while maintaining it, I was considered
a committer by the rest of the team. If there is something you'd like to see in CouchDB, just
start building it.

You can begin by sending patches via JIRA, and if the contribution is sustained and large
enough, the community can decide to vote you in as a committer on the project. There's really
no difference between you and me, except that I have write access to the main repository at
the moment. You're already part of the development team, even if you didn't realise it yet.
Hehe.