couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matt Lyon <sanehat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ranking a big list
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2010 00:58:47 GMT
FWIW, what you're doing here is a statistical analysis called a
percentile rank. In what I'm doing, for any given set of sums, I want
to know which quadrile [0-25/26-50/51-75/76-100] of all the sums any
particular sum is in. I can't necessarily tell you how to do this in
javascript because I'm interacting with couchdb from ruby anyway and
using a ruby library (array_statistics) to do this kind of analysis on
a simple sum reduce from couch, but hopefully this will point you in
the right direction.