couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Volker Mische <>
Subject Re:
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:51:02 GMT
I would subscribe, though I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I can only
second what other people have said so far.
- The danger of splitting the community.
- IT is English. Even if your English is not that good, I'm sure other
German speaking people will understand your question/request. See it as
a chance to improve your English skills :)

On the other hand, if there's really a huge amount of people it would be
a shame to force them to use different communication channels and not a
central official one.

Though my final vote is: -1

Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> Hey all,
> I'm getting more and more inquiries about place to discuss CouchDB in German.
> I know there are quite a bit of German-speaking folks here: Do you think setting
> up would get any traction? Would *you* subscribe? :)
> Also: Are there other languages/countries where this would make sense?
> I don't think this should be a "me too" contest but rather a means of helping
> more people get help with CouchDB. Do you think your language's community
> would benefit from a separate place to talk?
> What do others think? What are your experiences from other projects or communities?
> Cheers
> Jan
> --

View raw message