couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hammond <mhamm...@skippinet.com.au>
Subject Re: Windows installer 0.10.1
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 22:02:43 GMT
On 18/02/2010 1:24 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 16 Feb 2010, at 23:22, Mark Hammond wrote:
>
>>   What needs to be done before a release can be considered 'official'?  I'm happy
to help do whatever is necessary to get an official 0.11 build for windows.

> A release artefact is considered official when it has been voted on by the community.
>
> The code that builds the Windows distribution artefact needs to be in trunk, and ideally
integrated with the Autotools build system.

All the above should be fine - the build process is fully integrated
into trunk (and was before the 0.11 branch was cut)

> Perhaps it makes sense to be able to run "make distsign" and have the regular tarball,
as well as the Windows installer, placed in the root source directory. I'm not sure though,
do you know of any projects that release UNIX-like tarballs and Windows installers? How do
they do it?

Most of the projects I am familiar with rely on someone with a windows
machine making the windows build independently of the releases for other
platforms.  Specifically, the Windows binary build process is not a
cross-platform build process, so making a release for all platforms from
a single machine probably isn't viable.

Thanks,

Mark