couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Barnes <>
Subject Re: parametrized view generation
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 06:30:33 GMT
Hi madhav,

Typically, you create a view where the key is the data you want to
filter on, and the value is the data you want to retrieve.

eg: If you have a big db of people, and you want to be able to look up
people by their phone number, and will want to display at least their names:

map = function(doc) { emit(,; }

To find the name of a person who has the phone number 12345678, send a
request to:

If you want to see more than just their name:
(the include_docs parameter will include the entire document in the
returned data.)

On 10/02/2010 4:44 PM, madhav sharma wrote:
> hi everyone
> I am couchdb for one of my project and i am stuck at a place where i need
> your help.
> My use case of problem is that i have a set of documents which have same
> field with different value and i need to get the value of  field (say name)
> from a document with id (say information) , and i want this mapfunction to
> be generic so that i can call this with different document id and get the
> the field value out of it.
> In sql it can just be(  select name from Table where id = 1233 )  so any
> help is appreciated
> Thanks

View raw message