couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sean Clark Hess <seanh...@gmail.com>
Subject Tips for many to many
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 04:26:03 GMT
If I have a true many to many relationship that doesn't normalize easily,
what are some guidelines to make it couch-friendly?

I've found that couch does a great job with one-to-many or one-to-one
relationship. It's easy to write a view that will return all the comments
for a given post, for example.

But what about many-to-many? For example, I'm working with TV Guide data.
There are lineups and channels. A lineup can have a lot of channels, but the
channels can belong to several lineups. I then need to get what is playing
at 2:00 on every channel in my lineup.

Thanks