couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: OS Error with exit status code 139 in CouchDB
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2010 09:14:13 GMT
On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 02:59:07AM +1000, Vikas Charak wrote:
> I installed couchdb on CentOS release 5.4. The server comes up fine. I
> can create databases, documents and views.
>
> But I am getting  following error , when I try to execute a view query
> to get data. Also if I run coucdb tests , I get the same error.
>
> [error] [<0.455.0>] OS Process Error <0.1293.0> ::
> {os_process_error,{exit_status,139}}

I believe that means "terminated by signal 11" (128 + 11), and sig 11 is a
SEGV.

It could mean that couchjs was built or linked wrongly. (What happens if you
run couchjs from the command line?)

Sometimes it indicates a hardware failure (google for SIG 11 FAQ), but if
it's repeatable - fails at exactly the same place - then that's not going to
be the problem.