couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <mar...@buyways.nl>
Subject Re: Fwd: Stopping externals
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:26:56 GMT
Hi Paul,

CouchDB 0.10 does seem to have couchspawnkillable;
couch-1 [~/apache-couchdb-0.10.0] # find  -name "couchspawnkillable*"
./src/couchdb/priv/couchspawnkillable_win.c
./src/couchdb/priv/couchspawnkillable
./src/couchdb/priv/couchspawnkillable.sh
./src/couchdb/priv/.deps/couchspawnkillable_win.Po

Can you confirm this is the desired output?

Anyway, if so there might probably be a bug then because the replicator does
not quit with CouchDB. I am not entirely sure whether the replicator checks
for a terminating pipe but i guess it does.

Here is the Python code that sits in the main loop:
stuff = sys.stdin.readline()
    if not stuff:
        return

Perhaps a lounge developer can tell us whether the replicator actually behaves
as Troy suggested.

Cheers,

>Don't recall when that came in. To check:
>
>$ find $PREFIX/lib/couchdb -name "couchspawnkillable*"
>
>If that finds something then it should be new enough to theoretically
>kill things.
>
>Also, you should still use Troy's pattern for reading from stdin to be
>well behaved for the case that we have a bug. :)
>
>HTH,
>Paul Davis
>
>Managed to forget the ML in my reply.

Markus Jelsma - Technisch Architect - Buyways BV
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17
050-8536620 / 06-50258350