couchdb-user mailing list archives

From James Marca <jma...@translab.its.uci.edu>
Subject Re: Upgrading an existing Couch's authentication
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 01:26:44 GMT
On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 12:28:58PM -0500, Aaron Quint wrote:
> Hey All
>
> @J Chris: Thanks - I figured it out. I had to delete the old "users"
> DB and also merge my default and local.ini with the new ones generated
> by trunk. I also was having some issues yesterday with every attempted
> update throwing a UTF-8 Invalid JSON error, but upgrading to svn trunk
> (as of yesterday) seemed to fix it. I would love to chat more about

I hope I'm not stating the obvious, but I ran into this when upgrading
couchdb too.  Be careful that you've really gotten rid of old versions
of couchdb.  The "fix" might be temporary, as it has something to do
with how Erlang finds the right libraries to run.

If you're on a *nix-type box, run something like

find /usr/lib/ -name \*couch*

(or /usr/local/lib/, etc etc) and make sure there aren't old versions
laying around.

And I too think swinger is a cool project!

James Marca

believed to be clean.