couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Joscha Feth" <jos...@feth.com>
Subject Re: _list behaves weird on start() after using getRow()
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:03:47 GMT
Chris Anderson wrote:

> This is a known consequence of the implementation. You're not the
> first to notice it. The problem is getRow calls an implicit start.
> Not  ideal, I know. I'll think on how to fix this cleanly. As always,
> patches welcome.

wouldn't it be enough to send the headers just prior to sending some
content,
e.g.

function send(chunk) {
	if(!chunks) sendStart();
}

that would allow for calling getRow without sending any headers and
still force validity if the user decides to use send() without calling
start() first. I could write a patch for that...

regards,
Joscha