couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do I need the couchdb.stdout file?
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 17:58:28 GMT
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Yes, but don't. Why would you do that?

Sheer ignoranceā€”I'm just trying to figure out how to improve my
CouchDB configuration. (^_^)

What happened was I was rotating the couch.log file, but I forgot
about the stdout file, which eventually filled up my partition.
(Doh...!) When I logged in found the stdout file full of request,
which already seemed to be recorded by the couch.log file, so I wasn't
sure if the stdout file was useful. (I know: disk space costs approach
zero as time goes to infinity, so I shouldn't worry about storing
stuff redundantly!)

So, I guess I should be asking you about purpose of the stdout/stderr
files in order to figure out the best practice.

Am I still making sense? My silly thread has grow so long now... (^_-)