couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hovercraft query_view enhancement
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 06:51:29 GMT
On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Glenn Rempe <glenn@rempe.us> wrote:
> I would probably bring this up on the dev@couchdb.apache.org list for ideas
> from the developers.
>
> And thanks for the kind words, glad I could help.  :-)
>
> Glenn

I've been keeping an email tab open to this thread for a while trying
to find time to reply.

I'm glad that so many people are using Hovercraft to query CouchDB
from Erlang. It's often not the right tool for the job (but when you
do need turn Couch into an IMAP server backend or something custom,
it's a good start).

I'm a firm believer that people who actually use and hack on code,
should be the ones maintaining it. I haven't used Hovercraft in anger
in almost a year, but that doesn't mean it's not decent code for you
to use. I just haven't needed it.

So... I propose that anyone who's using Hovercraft, should get in
touch with each other (maybe through this thread) and figure out a way
to push the project forward, bless a github repo, etc. I'd be happy to
help by setting up a Google Group, but I think it'd probably be better
if one of you set that up.

I'm not throwing my hands up and walking away from the project by any
stretch. If circumstances arise that I need Hovercraft, I'll
definitely use it. And if anyone has code questions, please corner me
on IRC so I can help. But I'm not actively hacking on Hovercraft or
using it lately so I think the project will be healthier if people who
use it are driving it.

Thanks,
Chris

--