couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Agrawal, Vikas IN BLR SISL" <vikaskumar.agra...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Large documents are not uploading.
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 09:54:04 GMT
Hello Benoit,

Thanks for your reply.
I have 2 GB RAM. What should be the minimum RAM required to upload such a big file?

Regards,
Vikas

-----Original Message-----
From: Benoit Chesneau [mailto:bchesneau@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 3:04 PM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Large documents are not uploading.

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Agrawal, Vikas IN BLR SISL
<vikaskumar.agrawal@siemens.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am new to Couch DB. I am trying to upload vdi file (Virtual disk Image file) which
is an image file of sun virtual box machine. Size of my file is 3.5 GB. When I try to upload
this file it starts to upload and nothing is happening after that i.e. uploading is not successful.
I tried with 11 Mb file and it is working fine.

> I have also changed the values of max_document_size and max_attachment_chunk_size in
defauilt.ini file to 17 GB. But still no progress.

> I am using Windows, version 0.10.0 of CouchDB.

I don't think It's possible to upload such size from the browser, you
will be limited in RAM I guess. Better to use a script. If you use
couchdbkit you can can stream the sending. But such attachment size
it's a little big. It may be better to save it on a filesystem or if
you want it in CouchDB you can split the file in multiple chunks and
save it in multiple docs, then map them to retrieve final file from
from CouchDB.

- benoƮt